View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #44
Tomsdad

Default Re: Making Techniques Worthwhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
That doesn't sound right. My recollection from when I ran Salle d'Armes is that if you put 1 point into each of the required skills for a style, you get to buy the style perk, no matter how few skills that is. There are a few styles that have close to 10 skills, like kalaripayit or the style George Silver taught, but a lot of them have maybe two to four skills.
You get a style familiarity perk when you buy into the style by putting a point in each core skill (which is why each style points cost is 1 per core skill +1 for the style familiarity perk)

That's the first perk you get and you have to get it to count as having the style, but having that familiarity perk means you can then get the others.

But its then 1 style perk per 10pts of CP spent on skills* not number of skills.

So if you brought Karate, Breath control and Judo all up to attribute +2 you'd have spent 36 cp and thus could buy 3 style perks

*and I thought points spent on Techs & advantages etc qualified as well, but may have been wrong.

Last edited by Tomsdad; 01-12-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote