View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #40
Icelander

Default Re: Vehicles and Weapons from Fantasy giving me problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
We have writers for Low-Tech. It'll get written.
This is cool. Be sure to announce the identity of these writers as soon as it is allowed. I'm very curious.

Quote:
But it'll get written at the usual pace of a freelance book full of stats and research,
This is not so cool, but it's at least better than the product being subpar. I can buy all the inaccurate gamebooks I want from d20 third-party companies right now. I'll wait for a well-researched and exhaustively nitpicked GURPS book. ;)

Quote:
and then playtested by people who will more likely nitpick than just play a few game sessions and test the product (as the term implies).
The two are not mutually exclusive. Quite often, the reason for nitpicking at something is that it causes problems in play or breaks the suspension of disbelief for a player or GM.

Quote:
This will take a lot of time. Paying me bribes, while cool, wouldn't affect that at all. And as my writing skills are strictly in the realm of crazy, made-up crap (look at the titles: Undead, Powers, Dungeon Fantasy, Action . . .), I'd be the last person you'd want writing Low-Tech. For the most part, I don't even like historical gaming, and I don't have much use for realism, either. That bias isn't important when I'm vetting stuff as a line developer, but it does limit what I'm able to write with ease.
You did well with realism-based fighting in Martial Arts. But as long as you vet everything and it matches the quality of High-Tech*, I'll be happy.

*Ultra-Tech had a bit too many questionable stats and/or errors for my tastes.