Thread: Lesser Wish
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 12:13 AM   #18
Skarg

Default Re: Lesser Wish

When I said I would prefer demons to be individuals, I didn't want an official list published. I like that TFT Demons, like religions, are left for the GM to specify (or not) what or who they are. But I find it rather more interesting when a GM personalizes and varies demons so you can't count on them all having the same stats and personality and abilities, but rather you get a specific one, and you don't know what it's going to want or do or what its stats are (or possible whether it's going to go away). Also, all summoned creatures had us interested in where these things come from and whether it affects anything whether they're killed or not while doing service. Does a summoned wolf get brought from nearby woods? Another plane? Or is it assembled somehow on the spot and doesn't exist before or after the summoning? Maybe when people from a Judeo-Christian tradition summon a demon they tend to get something like what they expect, but people from other traditions might get more what they expect - djinn or nymph or bodhisattva or nondenominational mana monster or who knows what?

Particularly as regards to wizards and wish-coercion (especially if someone manages to get up the ability to make them safe to mass-produce), it seems awfully convenient that you know you're up against exactly IQ 20, and that you can do this one mechanical thing to get a wish out of them.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote