View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #19
Rick_Smith

Default Re: More choice for "Engaged" figures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
I donīt understand where the rules state, according to your interpretation, that someone *can't* change their option when it is their turn to act.

You say that you can change your option *at any time*, but then decide that *at any time* doesn't include after announcing what you are thinking about doing but then reacting to what someone else might do?

I only have, fundamentally, 1st edition rules, so please just put your quote of this *any* time restriction with a page and edition reference.

Thanks!
Hi Kirk,
I think what Skarg is saying is that you can change you action at any time, until you have used it.

We use a very slightly different rule than him, but he has explained it so nicely I won't bother confusing the issue by discussing a variant.

In his example with the dragon, it can change is action as many times as it wants. However, now DX 13 figures have to act and so the dragon says, "OK, I attack." He has used his action, and can no longer change it. We resolve its attack. After that, it can't defend, it can't dodge, it can't do anything. It's action is used up.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote