View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 01:35 AM   #13
Andreas

Default Re: Power: Holy Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
A +1 to morale and fright checks for a small group of peoples in some defined circumstances is a perk.
A vague alignement detect is probably worth around 10, including reflexive, and a huge discount because you don't have direct knowledge of the result. (I don't have my book here, so just a guess)
As quoted upthread, the light effect is apparently worth [10/level], working on allies/friend only is a selective enhancement + link to detect.

All together, I would price it around 20, +10/level after the first. (including up to +4 level of morale bonus).
It is definitely way more valuable than a perk. Just getting those effects for the user of the ability is worth more than that (Fearlessness costs two points per level). Remember that generating the light does not require concentration, you can effortlessly keep it on anytime you want. Arguably it should also include a reaction bonus for a very small group (worshipers of Su'en).

Unlike this ability, the Detect advantage requires concentration and a roll. Removing those limitations would be expensive. Also such morality would probably be a common category, so you would have a base cost of 20 points. I don't think that there would be enough limitations to reduce it to 10 points (and very possibly not 15 points either).

If you allow a Selective Effect +20% to do that (which while very cheap compared to Dark Vision, seems roughly in line with the examples in Powers) a cost of 30 points (12+15+5 rounding down) seems reasonable.

Last edited by Andreas; 06-27-2016 at 01:38 AM.
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote