View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 12:54 AM   #32
Dalillama

Default Re: Treasure from the Sheikh of the Grinning Skull Oasis

[QUOTE=Icelander;1713448]
Quote:
Nah, doesn't work. Abu Jafar wasn't bald, he had an unplesant comb-over. A faint whiff of carrion that always clings to the wearer might be enough. Or, of course, the Greater Vulture Cloak might slowly twist the wearer toward the worship of the Dark Sun, the Lord of Murder and Prince of Lies.
Ah, I'm a bit rusty on my Realms mythology. Possibly the lesser cloaks induce Callous and OPH: Carrion Breath, while the Greater Cloak will also start causing Compulsive Behaviour: Kill people and leave their bodies for the vultures. Since killing people and dumping their bodies is the sort of thing devotees of Cyric are likely to do anyway, Abu Jafar may not have even been aware of this particular side-effect. It seems in line with

Quote:
Side-effects more like than a taste of carrion, as such, would be a need to slay something regularly for no other reason than to dedicate its death to the Lord of Murder and/or Compulsive Lying, Jealousy or Delusions about the supremacy of Cyric and the falseness of all other gods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
That sounds cool.

Going by 'Dirty Tricks', throwing sand on someone is a DX-based attack with a +4 to the roll. I guess only Dodge is a valid defence to it.
A Block might help, with a large enough shield, although you're going to need a new shield after that.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote