View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 03:44 PM   #1363
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

James: “What is my danger sense saying about all this?”
GM: “Nothing. It’s left.”
James: “We are in lots of trouble. My danger sense has left my brain like rats fleeing a sinking ship.”

--

Momo: “I can be anyone you want me to be.”
James: “To thine own self, be true.”

--

James: “How do you connect with an ancient, soulless robotic echo of someone gone for eons?”
Momo: *Yawns* “Bo-oo-oo-oo-ring!”
James: “Yes, what part of ‘ancient, soulless, robotic echo’ sounded fun?”
Momo: “I look forward to seeing what you come up with!”

--

James: “It’s over.”
One-Eye: “Duty is all that’s left.”
James: “No. Duty is all you have left from dead masters that have been gone for epochs of time. You have guarded this prison for untold eons. You are the last. All your long-gone masters have given you is a duty that you cannot complete. I give you something that they took from you, back during the first time. Reach back in your mind. Search your memories for what it was like to feel something. To feel sorrow. To feel pride. To feel . . . tired.”
One-Eye: “There is only Duty.”
James: “Your duty is done. Everything you have stood for, everything you have done, is over. It has been for millennia. Your time is past. I give you the choice, to continue on, a little longer, living out the duty of ancient, dead master. Or, lay down your weapons. Lay down and go quietly into the peaceful oblivion that awaits you. Go into it, knowing, at the last moment, you did so because you wanted to. Because, you were given a choice, and it was your decision to do, not what you were ordered, but what you desired. Let the last moment be not one of struggle, but one of peace. At long last, your duty is fulfilled, and you may rest.”

--

James: “May you find the peace in the next life that you were denied in this one.”

--

James: “You should ride with Lux, she’ll be more fun to mess with.”
Momo: (loud whispering) “I want to ride with you because that will mess with her.”
James: (loud whispering) “Yes, but I want to live!”
Lux: “You do know you’re not really whispering!”

--

James: “I’ll stow the Warscythe, and get Momo and I strapped in for the trip back to the Infinity.”
GM: “Remember those manipulator arms? That’s really the only way to stow the Warscythe, there really isn’t room inside.”
James: “So . . . my fighter is now wielding the Warscythe? AWESOME!
Hana (not there, OOC): “THAT’S NOT WHAT [those arms are] FOR!”
James: (OOC) “You put arms on my fighter! OF COURSE I’m going to try to melee with them!”
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote