View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #18
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Armor Divisor; issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangsdorf View Post
I'm with Bruno: as I've noticed the destructive effects that AD(2) can have on my Dungeon Fantasy game, I've started creating cheap armor enchantments that give Hardening and giving more of the tough monsters natural hardening on the armor. It doesn't effect the PCs without AD(whatever) at all and it brings the guy with the magic armor penetrator back down to earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
In a realistic game there's not much room for variety - putting big holes in things is a universally applicable solution in real life.

If you're running a fantasy game, you have the option of going nuts with your creatures! take advantage of it!
The damage in question was 2d+3 (ST14, +2 sword), enough that even the cheaper magical armor (DR9 plate with DR2 magic) wasn't enough to stop it. The AD was a huge deal; he got the sword late on in the campaign, and not many people even knew it could happen (I can be a bit too gift happy...)

I would rather give my player AD(infinite) and make it fun. Having Hardened show up can help (he decided to downgrade to 10, to remark the blade being a combination of incredibly fine and hot enough to melt through). And this setting will have things like goblin parties showing up, enemies with Diffuse, etc. Oh, and he effectively got this sword from a society that is now his Enemy, so their armor will often ignore it.

Thanks for all the help. I can use all the stuff you all told me, and this player is one of my better players, so will work with me on it.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote