View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 08:06 AM   #26
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#56): Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
Hmm... something I might have to bring up over in the Ally thread: should this be a thing? Patron's can be abstract entities, but Allies (and Patron's that are a single character) could just have an Unusual Background cost factored in to cover such CP value/efficacy discrepancies. with a UB, you can tailor it better as well, and have it directly address those Special Abilities.
That has the potential to get quite complicated with some of the strange ways people use Allies and Patrons:
  • I've seen an Ally who was shared between several characters: any of them could try for his availability, but only one roll per day could be made. We did this because the characters spent a lot of time operating independently in the same city.
  • I've seen a character who had a Patron who could be either of two people, depending on which one was available.
  • It's quite common to buy Ally, Contact or Patron availability up as the campaign develops, if the circumstances support it.
With all these ramifications, just going "they have unusual capabilities, +50%" is a considerable saving in time and brainpower.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote