Thread: HEAL spell?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #23
Shostak

Default Re: HEAL spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
While an exceedingly logical idea SHOSTAK, do you think that method would feel very "magical" if we were to negate the "within the twinkling of an eye" instant-effect? How specifically would this be different than a Wiz with the Physicker Talent? And if no instantaneous benefit/result, where would the "magical effect" be with that method; other than the Wiz would not need a Physicker's Kit to perform said healing?

Can you clarify with more details, please.

Thanks.

JK
My preference for he "Presto! You're healed!" in a twinkling of an eye would be for the caster to need the Wish spell. I'd let the Heal spell augment what can be accomplished by Physicker (so, not able to be cast repeatedly on the same set of injuries). And, I think 4:1 is a better ratio than 3:1. Will it feel magical? If you let a wizard with no healing skills to lay hands on a wounded character and tend them for a while to heal points as per Physicker talents, that seems magical enough to me. And it keeps the gritty feel of TFT. Or, the spell could just halve the normal healing time on a character (but it should cost a boatload of Fatigue). That's pretty miraculous!
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote