View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: Dwarves of the Shielded-Lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Perhaps, for terrifying enemies that will literally put the clan before themselves, Fanaticism or even On the Edge.
Fanaticism(Clan) would fit, but it going put my main concern even more pressing.

I was condidering what potive point traits the my also need. as I was hoping to push the point total to be a bit closer 40 like the other dwarves and both elves. But mind you though Anthro-Penguins are on 23 points. so 40 probably shouldn't be the goal. but adding Fanaticism(Clan)...

Hum Perhase something like Ristances to Poison and ST+1 ?

I want to avoid innate magical powers is that in the setting is seen as either a sign of Dragonblood (on the Arcane side) or Divine Parentage like Camp-Half-blood style Greek Demigods (on the Divine side).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
I'd go with a duelling (short staff justified by the narrow tunnels) halberd--but with a hammer instead of an axe blade (like the version of the pollaxe described on MA 222).

Alternately, such group-minded fighters might use a one-handed weapon from behind a shield wall. Roman style with large shields and short swords would work.
Great ideas. would you call it a Pollhammer and Duallin Pollhammer then?

Humm Min ST 12. looks like like i will be give them at least ST+1, possible ST+2, stout little buggers.

Ether way

Ardcheannascloch [5]

Skills:Crossbow, Polearm, Savoir-Faire (Dojo), Shield.
Techniques: Disarming (Polearm); Feint (Polearm); Hook (Polearm); Retain Weapon (Polearm); Sweep (Polearm); Targeted Attack (Polearm Swing/Leg). Targeted Attack (Polearm Swing/Vitals); Targeted Attack (Polearm Thrust/Vitals).
Cinematic Skills: Breaking Blow; Immovable Stance; Kiai; Power Blow.
Cinematic Techniques: Timed Defense (Polearm)
Perks: Grip Mastery (Polehammer or Dualing Polehammer); Shield-Wall Training; Sure-Footed (Uneven); Teamwork (Ardcheannascloch).

Optional Traits
Advantages: Combat Reflexes; Fit.
Skills: Axe/Mace; Tactics.

The Front line uses large shield/dueling pollhammer or crossbow with the second and third rank using the longer pollhammers.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote