View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #32
Anders

Default Re: International Relations and Implications of US Supersoldier Experiments in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
True and if the GM is looking for other powers to add, they might.

For the next adventure, I'm specifically looking for the polity that Col. Ortiz (as per background in this post) would have conspired with to apply for asylum for him and his men, who'd be deserters at that point, and their families. He'd need help getting him and his men out of Mexico and their families out of the US. And he'd have reason to suspect they were under surveillance in the US, either by a super-secret Homeland Security led task force or an illegal conspiracy with members belonging to several agencies under the DHS, as well as other organisations.

Given Col. Ortiz professional background, he'd have the best contacts within military Special Mission Units, military intelligence and other intelligence organisations within countries in the operations area of US SOCOM South and the 7th SFG (A), i.e. Central and South America and the Carribbean.
Here's a list of the countries the US does not have extradition treaties with. I don't know if it's useful, but you'd want to run to a place where they wouldn't return you to the US, right? Looking at the list, Russia and China stand out. Sadly, they cannot hide in Iceland.