View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
Nymdok

Default Re: [GM] Individual Melee Combat Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
The best way to learn to balance GURPS is to play it, and learn how easy or hard things are. I recently ran a trial game of Tales of the Solar Patrol, and although I wanted the pre-generated characters to be highly skilled, I gave them too much ability. The only time they were ever in any danger was when the players did really stupid things. Result: I learned that 250-point characters were too able for the game I was trying to run. I want to start a campaign, so I'll turn it down to 150-point Patrolmen, and they will be plenty capable. I also learned how level 15 in primary skills affected shipboard actions, and now I know how likely it is that they'll be able to handle things with skills that high (they can take insane risks and be nearly assured of success).
For regular skills, that is handled with appropriate modifiers. For combat its a bit more complicated, and thats all Im really looking to do here. I believe that gurps can handle high skill levels pretty easily, Im just tryin got figure out what the Bad Guys Attack,defense, ST and DR should be if I know the charachters Attack, Defense, ST and DR and How tough I want the combat to be.

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote