View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #7
Cowrie

Default Re: [Powers/Horror] Leech build and related questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Re-reading Leech, and given the requirement for grappling, I'd actually say that it's not just any part of your body, it's basically all of your body. In any case, given that Leech is a "genericized" version of Vampiric Bite, I'd say that the specific body part you draw the HP through is still a special effect. There's no limitation on Leech like "requires bite" or anything like that, which still says to me it's a feature (Vampiric Bite is basically Leech with Blood Agent, but how you drink the blood is actually not a limitation, just that the target must be bleeding).
Good point, you're probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
This is the Succubus' Kiss ability from Horror, correct? If that's the one you're thinking of, I'd suggest either adding enough enhancements or removing limitations from it, in order to get it up to a positive modifier value, or else just handwaving it as effectively a 0% modifier, applying the full cost of the more expensive set of modifiers, and just saying it's a feature that you can switch to this other, much more limited version of the ability if you choose to.
Well, it's the succubus's ability from horror, yes, but that build of leech isn't given a unique name and it works via "sexual contact" rather than a kiss. Alternately, do you think it would be fair to work this new build down to a negative modifier instead and use the rule for alternate limitations via multiplication on the two "package" costs? Because as of right now, the only thing making the new build an overall enhancement is that it has the "Addictive Bite" modifier, from Horror, which I'm not sure I want to keep in any case.
Cowrie is offline   Reply With Quote