View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
Cowrie

Default Re: [Powers/Horror] Leech build and related questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Could you define "natural armor" here? Is that any armor that a creature grows naturally (i.e., it's biological)? Or any armor that's on the character sheet as DR (e.g., would someone who could project a forcefield count as having "natural armor")? Quite a lot of biological armor has the Tough Skin limitation, which Contact Agent is already effective against, unmodified. Will that do what you want? If it won't, you're right, you'll need to limit Contact Agent to some degree. I'd say that Works Against any Biological Armor is probably a reasonable -33% limitation on Contact Agent (that is, turns it into a -20% limitation instead of a -30% one), while "works through any non-equipment DR" is more of a -66% limitation on Contact Agent.
I meant biological armor. Thanks for covering a variety of scenarios, though, since I bet those will be useful to someone else. Those limitation values seem pretty fair.

Quote:
You already have to define what part of your body an attack comes from, so I'd say this is a feature, not a limitation.
I was under the impression that unmodified leech could work through any part of your body, and was thinking that a kiss being required would be limiting due to being able to be stopped by being gagged or something.

Quote:
Rather than Alternative Attacks, I'd look at the Alternative Enhancements rule (Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, p. 13). If you don't have that available, the way it works, briefly, is you can choose a couple of enhancements that you want to have on an ability, but only one at a time. Take the higher-value one at full value, and divide the other one's value by 5. The rule doesn't explicitly say so, but I think it's reasonable to build a pair of abilities this way by treating all the enhancements and limitations that define each as a "package", totalling up the prices for each set, and dividing the cheaper one by 5.
The problem with this is that the other form of Leech ends up working out to a net Limitation with everything involved. I'm pretty sure that disqualifies it from using this rule.
Cowrie is offline   Reply With Quote