View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 05:25 PM   #50
wolf90

Default Re: Hold Fire in Ogre/GEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
So, you are accepting submissions that have not been fully playtested? Is this only for rules or can new not fully playtested FanMade units also be submitted as being under the same category and eligible for being published in OGREzine?
We will consider anything for Ogrezine as long as it pertains to the world of Ogre in some manner. This includes articles for any of the versions of the game: Ogre, G.E.V., Ogre Miniatures, Ogre Video Game, Objective 218, GURPS Ogre or even perhaps Battlesuit. The key is it needs to be interesting, well-written and ideally, deemed relevant to a notable faction of Ogre fans. The more obscure the article, the better it needs to be.

Playtesting is highly recommended for units, rules and scenarios. If using the rules in your theoretical article, I can break the game in a short period of time, I can guarantee it won't be accepted. (I'm getting pretty good at breaking things!) That's not to say that you couldn't take the feedback and try again, but it is helpful if you try to figure out how I might break the game with your rules before sending it to me, and thus figure out how to fix that issue, saving us both a lot of time and effort. Also, complexity for complexity's sake is generally a bad thing; the KISS* rule should dominate 9 times out of 10.

Again, check out the Writer's Guidelines. They are . . . well, you know . . . guidelines for submitting articles! I look forward to everyone's submissions!

D.

* Keep It Simple, Stupid.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote