View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #19
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Updating GURPS IST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irioth
Hmm, for one that generally likes the read "end of the wold" stories in comics, can someone kindly resume me about what happened to justify the "blank wall of precognition" which way piqued my curiosity ? In order to slightly curb my otherwise exceedingly completist RPG buying, I made myself a rule of never buying monster manual books. So I was blissfully unaware of anything about GURPS Monsters.
Well, as I said earlier in the thread, it appears to be a Canon Area of Doubt (or, in other words, a "GM's Preserve"). It's up to each GM to decide what happened to create The Wall in his own game.

The Harvesters, IIRC, are mean, tough beasties - an entire supers team would have trouble putting down one of them, and there's more than one. Their wiping out all intelligent life on Earth would explain The Wall, assuming the GM goes with the "precognition is mind-reading of someone in the future" theory.

A reality quake would also explain The Wall; physical laws could be subtly different on each side of the quake. (This is an excuse to change the game from GURPS 3e to GURPS 4e. <g>) This would imply that postcognition wouldn't see past The Wall once the timeline gets past it.

And there are no doubt other explanations...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote