View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 03:59 AM   #104
Daigoro

Default Re: [Game] Generate a Space Trader Setting

Actually, looking at this again-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
No transhuman aspects are present aside from ancient and highly stigmatized sapient robots, all of whom have long since stopped functioning. All that remains is the stigma and a faded memory of how mankind was semi-enslaved by their own creations and atrophy of their own ingenuity and initiative.
... I suspect Humabout may have been going for a more cynical, post-scarcity dystopia with humans being nurse-maided for their own good.

But I can go with this-
Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
The first interplanetary war
..too.

My own thoughts were that after Mars' problems with AI they were suppressed for a while, until Earth came to the frontier colonies looking for revenge for the beanstalk attack, and the desperate Divergers resorted to building AI war machines to fend them off. This may have been successful for a while, but then caused worse problems for Divergers down the track, among them being further sanctions for having used such prohibited weaponry.

This can help bring us to the current situation, where AIs are a kind of WMD of the setting- mostly banned, except for those owned and run by large governments, militaries or corporations.

And, a question...
Question 68
Hoang GalSec are known by merchant spacers and jump traders for their regular security bulletins, based on intel gained from their extensive network of observers and investigative journalists.
What other services do Hoang GalSec provide? And where can you contact them?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!

Last edited by Daigoro; 03-04-2016 at 04:06 AM.
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote