View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #10
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage Of the Week: 360° Vision

1) So... anyone actually feel 360° Vision is actually worth the CP?

2) I am wondering if its price (and that of Peripheral Vision; I should have done the two together) are relics of a time when miniatures combat was a bigger part of the rules. If you're allowed non-human Advantages, Danger Sense is competing with Peripheral Vision; it won't improve what hexes you can target but in many other areas of overlap, it will give you similar or better results.

3) The RAW is a bit nebulous about physiological Peripheral Vision and effectively having it via training; I wonder if that carries over at all to 360° Vision:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Re: Peripheral Vision

The advantage certainly doesn't automatically assume "bug eyes." It assumes superior situational awareness and the discipline to keep scanning for threats even under fire; e.g., by doing quick shoulder checks. It's intended for career warriors and nervous rogues who are always checking their backs. Those with bug eyes can take it as well, but the game doesn't distinguish between training and physiology here . . . these are special effects of how you ended up with the trait.
Unless whatever provides your vision is rigidly fixed (like fixed cameras on a vehicle) or is clearly Enhanced so it won't be an issue at all, I would take this to imply that those with 360° Vision have an allowance for just being in the habit of moving their heads enough to fake the effect with less eyes than would be indicated, including for above and below the characters, adjusted for one's own body possibly being in the way.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote