View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #10
mlangsdorf

Default Re: Campaign chronology seeking constructive criticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsua View Post
Hi there and thanks for elaborating,

I have changed all those to "Turing Award". I wanted to point that nor do all employees engage in research and development, for example LilyCare Inc. is at the head of 1.172 hospitals and EveTech Inc. has a whole virtual planet to maintain and runs 1.740 factories around the globe :)
Ascension Health is a US, Roman Catholic health care association with 131 hospitals and 150.000 employees. Scaling that out to 1.172 hospitals, and assuming LilyCare is 3x as efficient as Ascension Health*, means that nearly a quarter of LilyCare's employees work in healthcare. Since "health and manufacturing" is last of the list of LilyCare's industries, it's reasonable to expect that the other fields have more employees devoted to them, and that LilyCare should have even more employees.

* What with a 5-7 year lead time between when you come up with a medical breakthrough and the earliest you can start distributing it, plus the fact that the health care field has been notoriously difficult to make more efficient for years, I really doubt that LilyCare is 3x as efficient as Ascension Health. 2x is pushing it. Even on the most generous reading of the dates, they've only had neural interfaces 4-5 years, so they're still rolling them out to their 500K+ employees.