View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #11
Langy

Default Re: Spaceships 6: We Will Rock You

There are no rules that actually let you use asteroid mining, though. There's a good amount of stuff on getting He3, sure, but that's it. Asteroid mining is at best a background element with this book - you can say 'there's an asteroid mining station, and these are its stats' but you can't say 'that asteroid mining station can use its ore to do x', because there are no rules at all for that. There's nothing about how much money you can make mining asteroid ore, what types of stuff you can build with asteroid miners and an industrial ship, nothing like that.

Asteroid mining isn't really covered at all by this book. It also references two other books if you want more/better rules on asteroid mining - Space and THS: Deep Beyond. Space is close to useless - it just tells you a few types of asteroids and some very general statements regarding them, like 'carbonacious asteroids have carbon and sometimes water ice'. I don't know about Deep Beyond - I remember looking through it once trying to find asteroid mining rules and couldn't find any, but I don't own it.

Still, if there are already books with stuff about asteroid mining around it should have been easy enough to stick some of that information in Spaceships 6. There was certainly plenty of room for it!
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote