View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
Gearloose

Default Re: Psionic Sorcery (and psionics questions)

Quote:
I thought about this, and it should work fine. You may want to add some other things like the ability to Gestalts and stuff like that.
Yeah, I'll be using all the normal psionics rules, I just wanted to change how the powers are bought. I will use the extra effort rules from psionics as well, because I think it scales better than the once from sorcery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
One problem with making an advantage indicate the raw power of a psion is that sometimes this is built into the power (tk grab) and sometimes the range is built into the power (telepathy). I've been wrestling with a way to put power uniformly across so that, for example, there could be a low-skilled but powerful telepath that could RIP somebody's mind apart without subtlty.
I did some fluff to justify that. Psi is pretty much running "astral program" in your head. Psi Power (equivalento to Sorcerous Empowerment) would be like a psi's CPU, how much power his brain can handle. Each ability is like a program, you can make them more powerful but only up to how much your brain can handle. You would still need the skill, just because you have a piece of software doesn't mean you now how to use it.

Ah, another thing. Since psionics is pretty much computing, I'll make "psychotronic software" available for quantum computers, but they are limited by complexity, like every 5 points (rounding up) increases the software complexity by one.
Gearloose is offline   Reply With Quote