View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 01:25 AM   #4
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Value of Casting Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
... it's can be stolen (probably half cost because the item only works people with the relevant PI; quick contest, so -15%)...
"Only Works for 'Good' Power Investiture" isn't relevant for Can be Stolen.

My take on this 'item':

Spine of Yssa 15 points
This spear is an artifact of the Divine being Yssa, it can only be destroy [insert very special circumstance]. The item has a will, and seeks to return to the devotee it has bonded with, so long as that devotee is worthy of Yssa's favor (so even if somehow lost, it tends to find it's way back to it's devotee's hands, or the nearest temple of Yssa).

It holds 15 spells which are cast from it at skill 15 (usable only by those with Power Investiture Holy or Holy Might). While it is priceless, it acts as a Power Item with only 20 FP. Lastly, it counts as a magic staff with 2 hex reach.

(I'm leaving it to you to set it's weapon stats... if you're worried about "how much to 'spend' on it as a cool spear", you can shave 700$ from the Points for Cash spent on it purely as a 'Power Item' to make it a cool spear. Or just make it a humdrum spear the Player will eventually want to trade out once he's got better gear and has purchased all the spells it contains anyway.)

You can safely ignore the 'under the hood'. If you want it to have a few more spells, give it more spells (I'd say no more than 5 or 10), but then correspondingly lower it as a Power Item. If you think 20 points is too much as a Power Item, set it where you feel comfortable. This is just a 'good balance' range for that amount of points.

Under the hood:
Spoiler:  

Last edited by evileeyore; 06-10-2018 at 01:29 AM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote