View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
scc

Default [DF] Cyberware Questions

Cyberware in DF does sound a bit strange, if you assume that the character is a Banestorm victim it's not that unreasonable, and DF already has a lot of wierd stuff in it.

So I'm planing on making my cyberware more or less a Power, with it having Temporary Limitations (Does that even make sense?) on the Abilities of Electrical (-20%) and Unhealing (Total)(-30%).

1. So in Unhealing actually a limitation on any implants? Sure they won't heal on their own, but most healing in DF is magical/clerical which I believe would actually fix any damaged implants.

1a. How do implants heal? Is any damage they suffer just added to your total damage or does it need to be healed separately?

2. When a character is hit with electrical attacks how do I determine if any implants are damaged? And how much punishment can an implant take?

3. Absolute Direction has a Requires Signal (-20%) limitation, how much would an Inertial limitation be worth?

4. My idea is that in cases where you replace an existing body part, you take the Disadvantage that removes that body part and then the Not version of the Disadvantage with the cost modifier, for example Blindness [-50] and Not Blind (Cyberware, -50%) [25], and probably something to represent the increased toughness of the replacement (It's made of metal) like Nictitating Membrane. Given that these have to be taken together, should I make them a Meta-Trait?

4a. Optional add-ons, like Accessory (Video Display) for my cyber-eyes example above, need to be linked with the package their added to, does anyone have any idea on how to do this?
scc is offline   Reply With Quote