View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
fritzling

Location: At The Homestead. It's located on Earth. Somewhere roundabouts the HSV area.
Default Re: Cheat! on Loaded Die

Andrew: The die itself is not an Item. Whereas, The Loaded Die card IS an Item, an Item that is in play and/or in the other person's hand with a Cheat! card - which are parameters of the Cheat! card usage.

Nerftw: Yes there is a way to interpret the Cheat! card to be used on the Loaded Die. See below.

This is how the arguments played out:

The Affirmative to the argument that the Cheat! card can be used on the Loaded Die is that the Loaded Die, which is an Item, is used to reset a die after "you" roll. The Cheat! in the case was to reset the die that "another person" rolls. Thus using the Cheat!, as written, being able to use an item that you would not normally be able to use. The argument: if you can change the verbiage of "usable by wizards only" then you can change the verbiage on another card form "you" to "another person"

My point of the Negative to this argument, is that is that the use of the Cheat! card in this fashion takes away from the accepted essence of the design of the Cheat! card: allows an extra hand/armor/footgear and/or the use of an other than your race/class/sex specific Item.

It seams to me that the logic of the Affirmative to use the Cheat! card in the fashion of actually changing verbiage, as opposed to simply eradicating limitations, turns it into a "Do Whatever You Like!" card (well put Andrew!). Using the logic of the Affirmative, one could attach the Cheat! card to an Item that says "Usable once only" and use it multiple times.

I'm of the understanding, call it my standpoint if you will, that the Cheat! card is used to simply remove physical use limitations applied to Items, not to outright change verbiage, add bonuses, and/or change the rules of the card itself.

Last edited by fritzling; 12-31-2010 at 11:40 AM.
fritzling is offline   Reply With Quote