View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #22
Azel

Default Re: What Should I get?

In Nomine is the only game for which I've bought all the hard copy books. I really think it's that amazing of a world. It can potentially ask serious questions of the player, taxing their moral compass and their acting muscles. And considering each celestial's power level leaves them pretty darn slippery, it can also tax their strategic muscles as well.

That said, might I give you some initial advice. Watch very closely what characters your players generate. Not all Superiors or bands/choirs play nice, especially in Hell (and doubly so in mixed parties). Be ready for PvP (player vs. player), party splitting up, note passing, and real button pushing. This can be lots of fun. However, get everyone on board with that to avoid In Character anger leaking into Out of Character relations. Also be very forthright about the themes and mood you'll be playing out as well.

You'll be surprised how often people you thought could handle a game like this really can't. I know I have. I've learned to be very direct and selective since. It sounds like you and your group are seasoned veteran gamers, so I'm sure you already know everything like that. But it's a good disclaimer to repeat -- particularly to any lurking new players.
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote