View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #1
Erling

Default [TG] Preventing someone from shooting

In my last gaming session Joe McWeakling (ST 10, DX 11) saved his stunned buddy from being shot by an enemy grunt. Joe did it by grappling grunt's arm in which he held his pistol: AoA (Determined) grappling attack with both hands targeted at arm. As per B371, grunt couldn't use his pistol as his arm was grappled. More than that, Joe McWeakling had +5 bonus to his ST when resisted grunt's attempts to break free. That gave Joe's buddy enough time to succeed in his HT roll, get up, grab his weapon and finish the grunt.

How would that work if I was using TG rules? Regular applying of CP isn't enough, because with ST 10 and thr 1d-2 Joe won't be able to cause serious penalty for a grunt - most possibly grunt will just use Close-Contact Shot on his next turn for +8 (which will be enough to compensate for Bulk and CP-based penalty) and finish Joe.
As far as I understand, the closest option for Joe would be AoA (Double) with first attack being a usual grappling attack which provides CP (possibly with Telegraphic option since Joe isn't a skilled grappler) and second attack being Joint Lock. It'll be easier for grunt to break free, because all he will have to do is to commit a successful attack, but it's better than regular applying of CP-based penalty anyway.

And by the way, am I correct assuming that resisting Joint Lock (to be more exact, avoiding it; ST and HT do matter when attacker tried to inflict injury via Joint Lock) has nothing to do with target's ST and depends only on his Parry score?
Wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by Erling; 08-28-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Erling is offline   Reply With Quote