View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:21 PM   #55
Mercator

Default Re: Lord of the Rings Elven Racial TemTo plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavynn
I am already usig True Faith to have them be able to turn spirits (those things unseen they have control over) so I think they should use intimidate to "turn" an orc. It feels more intuitive that way, to me at least.
Makes sense. Do you plan to give them Terror?

Quote:
Shock and horror! I had not read where Kromm thought that Middle-earth would not be a good gaming world.
Alas, it is true. He goes ever farther, actually; read on . . .

Quote:
I tend to buy pre-made adventure to scavage them for ideas and maps.
The same thing I do. There are very few commercial scenarios I have really liked, but almos all of them have something worth stealing.

Quote:
I think the overall plot line of Palantir Quest is great, but most of the details must be reworked, so with most of my pre-made adventures, it would be mor like a game "based on Palantir Quest" more so than a direct conversion. Too many D&D element slipped in there I think.
That is quite frequent in the MERP scenarios I have seen. Oh, well . . .

Quote:
Ironically, I don't think that would consider the game to be high powered. In fact, I won't even allow elves as PCs. I am thinking 100 (or 150 as that appears to have become more standard in 4th ed.) point PC - all human with the possibility of a dwarf or two.
Sounds great. Low-powered Lord of the RIngs. That's exactly the kind of thing I'd like to play.

Quote:
Lots of people "poo-poo" 4th age game play (that I know anyway) and I really don't understand it. There is tons to do and adventure to be had.
I suspect that Tolkien himself is guilty; the way LoTR ends makes you think that the Fourth Age is an Utopia from day 1. In a realistic world, the fall of Sauron would be just the beginning of a decades-long effort at internal pacification and nation-building.

Quote:
That is partially why my plan is to start the game in the War of the Ring, and then let that go into the 4th Age for the second installment.
Good luck, and keep us informed!

M.