View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #671
Prince Charon

Default Re: Five Earths, All in a Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 View Post
Theodore Gessel (Dr Seuss) was in that unit, as was director Frank Capra and novelist/screenwriter William Saroyan.

Getting these guys to all collaborate on projects postwar would be a major project for any Inp-Earth literary fans.
Even their cooperation during the war is going to be of great interest to many of those fans.

In case anyone didn't know, films about how to get along in other Allied nations, and/or with other Allied personnel, were actually made in our WWII, because many of the troops were just off the farm. One of them (not recalling the title, but it was somewhere on YouTube) had an actor that I recognized but can't recall the name of (just that I'm used to seeing him looking older than that) explaining that a black man being invited to a white woman's house for tea is not at all unusual in England. He obviously couldn't just say directly 'please don't lynch the black troops,' but that was a big part of the implied message. There were also books that were put out, with things like 'don't make fun of their accents, you sound just as funny to them as they do to you.'

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote