View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #7
Devil_Dante

Default Re: technical grappling, whole body CP and dodge malus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
As the book is written, you should figure the effective Trained ST for all the limbs used to grapple and counter-grapple. The effective Trained ST of both combatants is reduced by control points inflicted on them.

In your example of both arms and legs, the full Trained ST is 20. If you're applying 8 CP to some other dude's arm, and he's normally Trained ST 12, he's be at -4 to ST due to the grapple, for Trained ST 20 vs Trained ST 8.

There's a reason this is a fight-ending position
scuse me sir, ST 20, i don t get it.. 10 base ST, multiplied by 1,5. Am i missing something??
But, thanks, i had a a feeling to have misunderstood something. But wasn t sure about Okkam's answer :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
This is, frankly, an area that could be improved. In my early writing days I focused on "getting it right." These days, my focus is "making it not stupid" with an emphasis on speed of play.
Don t get me wrong, i LOVE GURPS.. i knew gurps a couple of years ago and i fell in love instantly.. i only had played D&D for 18 years and last 4 yars, world of darkness, vampire, mage ecc.. i tried different RPG but, generally, they all missed something.. GURPS has been created for me, i know it.
But my friends don t like too difficult stuff, so i'm trying to make things simplier, for them (cause i have explained them the rules) and for me ( cause i have to handle all stuff). For new players TG is a very difficult book, but i'm a completist and i like realistic rules. So, keep up the good work sir. Amazing.
I can't stop thank you and whole team
Devil_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote