View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #26
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Alternate Crosstime Organizations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I wonder what Homeline would do if they discovered a Cosmic Jumper that could punch through the Coventry barrier. That person would be too dangerous to let live regardless of any actual actions or loyalty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
They (the jumper) would probably realize it, too, meaning they they'd be on the move PDQ (and would be trying to keep Infinity from finding out, anyway).
I've played out that scenario. Lost in Dreams featured cosmic world jumping. One character visited and left both Yrth and Conventry under her own power. Eventually a dragon put a spell on her that let him cast spells where-ever she was and tried to force her to do his bidding. An infinity agent with an anti-magic sword got her out of that. She could be held at that point, and infinity did its best to get her as an agent. They looked around for leverage that could get her to stay working for them permanently: family or something like that.

The situation worked out because:
  • They could hold her if they really needed to (though only one very valuable agent could do so)
  • She had unique abilities other than world jumping that Infinity really wanted. (other quanta, magic detection, and this infinity didn't have a well-stocked ISWAT).
  • She didn't have particularly criminal inclinations, and felt like a safe bet
  • Killing her would likely neutralize one of their most valuable assets (the sword) for quite a while of time

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote