View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #25
Joseph Paul
Custom User Title

Default Re: What sort of society do you get...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
Returning to the idea of Telesend versus Mind Reading, will this race come into contact with others? Telesend would project to everyone, including others, but they wouldn't feel the feelings of others. With Mind Reading, it would be flipped. Others wouldn't know their feelings, but they would still be able to know the feelings of others.

Unless I missed something, which I may have in skimming.
The capability has the Disadvantage - Racial with it. So "aliens" will have to be awfully close kin. I didn't have any plans for them to know the feelings of other species but to have them have to cope with not getting that info. That should lead to some interesting situations. Can their rational minds work out coping methods? Likewise I am not wishing to impose the emotive sense on a lot of the other species. It may be interesting to set up a "Mirror, Mirror" situation with a species that has gone in a different direction than this one did.

Thanks for the post, I will consider that inter-species activity further. Perhaps a species that has a certain proportion of individuals with the capability to receive the Telesend.