View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #26
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA and Dungeon Fantasy RPG

Imma working on it.

Here's a file on my OneDrive: Dungeon Fantasy RPG - Templates.gdf

I've only done Barbarian and Bard so far.

This file is NOT just templates; it's anything I felt like I needed to touch while doing the templates. That may be good, it may be bad. But it still needs that other file I linked in an earlier post, too.

Note that things that are changed may still leave remnants of the old. For example, Bard Songs have changed, but the old Bard-Song stuff in the combined file is still there after loading the Templates file, because I don't remove them.

This is the kind of stuff that'll get cleaned up over time, and hopefully as we work together on the files.

Be aware that some of the things I've touched had to be touched, but may still not be complete. DFRPG doesn't seem to do categories for traits, so I started out ignoring them, but then decided having 'unofficial' ones like what Eric had already included, was probably a good idea. So, that's messy.

I also had to include/update some of the talents, so that they could correctly limit themselves based on if the user had a particular template or not, and if they're being adjusted in the Select dialog. (Plus, some of the things they affect are different now.) Those will be modified even more as I do more templates.

I'm not sure of a better way to do the Spells for the Bards, as the whole prereq thing is really annoying when trying to pick them from a Select dialog.

Also, I'm not as adept as Eric at keeping straight what modifiers and attributes and such are needed for various things, so I've tried to keep those references whenever possible, even if I don't follow up on them. So, that may need to be cleaned up, too.

Anyway, this here is the first two templates I've done. Huge thanks to Bruno, RobKamm, and Eric for their work on the DF files, as having those already done makes doing these new templates much easier and much faster.