View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #22
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA and Dungeon Fantasy RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
If there is a fix for spending points on cash can it be applied to the Basic Set datafile too in the next update? Since GCA does this wrong for GURPS too.
I'm afraid there's no fix at this time.

This isn't a simple issue, because people need to know how much they've spent, which these "disappearing points" confuse. So GCA will need to be able to show what's been spent in addition to the point value of the character.

How I approach that, I still haven't decided, but it'll be a GCA5 thing, not something fixable in GCA4. (I'm kinda thinking about a 'transitory expenditures' tab, where they can be traits and do things (like grant bonuses), but their costs only apply to the total spent, not to character value. Since people don't want these things cluttering up their trait lists, this seems the best option. Opinions welcome, but probably best in a dedicated thread.)

You can fix it manually pretty easily if you want: just apply the "_Free, *0" modifier to the "Trading Character Points for Money" trait, and then spend that many levels fewer in points elsewhere.