warellis

Default Re: Five Earths, All in a Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Crossroads-4c (Middle Earth, Infopunk Earth, Earth-One, or Earth Prime), 2012

Current Affairs
PLACEHOLDER

Divergence Point
Mid twentieth century: Doctor Paul Van Zandt seems not to have been born.

Major Civilizations
Western (multipolar); Orthodox (multipolar); Islamic (multipolar); Chinese (empire); Japanese (unitary); Indic (unitary)

Great Powers
United Kingdom (representative democracy, CR4); China (oligarchy, CR5?); France (representative democracy, CR4?); Germany (representative democracy, CR4?); Japan (representative democracy, CR4?); Russia (oligarchy, CR4?); United States (representative democracy, CR3); Brazil (representative democracy, CR?), India (representative democracy, CR?)

Worldline Data
TL: 8; Mana level: low
Quantum: 5; Infinity Class: Undiscovered; Centrum Zone: Inaccessible
We've talked about this before, but I think the "Western (multipolar)" category is incorrect for Inp-Earth. As I mentioned before, the US is currently the most powerful nation on the planet by far. It is a super power, not merely a great power, but above that. "Multipolar" implies that there are many/several nations similar to the United States in power, but that really isn't the case since the US is above everyone else currently. That's why I think it should be "Western (Empire with rivals). Look at the description in Infinite Worlds:

Quote:
Empire with rivals: Although the empire is by far the most powerful state within the civilization, other states retain considerable independence and might conceivably ally against it, or back other civilizations’ empires against it diplomatically or militarily. Imperial states are not necessarily dictatorships; the United States, under this definition, has been a democratic empire with rivals dominating Western civilization since 1945.

Last edited by warellis; 02-09-2014 at 02:29 AM.
warellis is offline   Reply With Quote