View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 01:34 AM   #1
kyleewing

Default Cheat! (CLTNT) and a Curse!

So after a long long debate that resolved in just skipping the combat and moving to the next player we are still left with some questions on ruling. It's a little complicated getting to the situation so bear with me, an confusion I can clear up I will be happy to do, if we get an answer...

So the other player enters combat, fighting a level 10 monster, me and another player add enhancers so that the person in combat can no longer defeat it. The player in combat then plays "Cheat Like There's No Tomorrow" allowing them to use three of their items that they would not normally be able to use. I then play "Curse! Thrown Into the Arena!" this card says that the victim may not get any combat bonuses other than Hand items. (One of the items that he had turned sideways was a "Big Hand" item)

First, the argument of using an item versus getting the combat bonus. I understand that the CLTNT card allows you to use any item that would not usually be in play due to Class, Race, Hands, or anything else. I then take the Curse! TITA card as okay you can use it but you cannot get the items combat bonus. Is there a distinct difference between using an item card and getting the combat bonus?

Second, I began to read the first couple threads of the forum, yes the ones that are READ THIS FIRST and all that other non-sense. I came across the Cheat! card section and read through it at least 2.6 times. So if an item is Big it is still Big, and if it is a Hand item it is still a Hand item. The Cheat! card only ignores that cards' limitations, therefore my Curse! card would then still affect everything as it normally would (not being able to get any combat bonuses from cards other than Hand items) except he could still get the bonus from the other Hand card that is not currently being used via the Cheat! card. Is this also correct?

And lastly in a very simple usage, does he get to use the card for the combat bonus, or would he technically be able to use the items he has and NOT get the combat bonus?

This argument lasted at least an hour and a half and resulted in practically nothing happening and just moving on. So any clarification would be helpful. I've only been playing Munchkin for about 3 weeks but our group has hours of play time into it and constantly learn new things through the forums. So thanks everyone!
kyleewing is offline   Reply With Quote