View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #6
Otaku

Default Re: What happens if you die in Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
So the players in my Monster Hunters are on a raid into Hell...
Just curious: what is "Hell" in this setting, how open are you to suggestions? I don't know Monster Hunter's setting but the thread title caught my eye, and it sounds like you aren't married to the default (if there is one).

Edit: Answered (at least partially) while I was posting.

What is a human being (or whatever the PCs are) made of? Different traditions can break things down into many variations: sometimes overlapping, sometimes distinct. Lately I have begun to favor Spirit/Soul/Body myself.

If you can bodily visit Hell, I would assume dying there either makes no difference or results in automatically being sent there. If there are "special sections", I might try for some dark (or not so dark) humor, because auto-condemnation from dying while in Hell would be one stupid way to pick that as your eternal destination (or even a not-so-eternal one if the setting permits).
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)

Last edited by Otaku; 04-07-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote