View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
tetrahedron

Default Soul eating, addicition and leech

Senaki Kumo Rite

Bitten by an oni that infected him with a supernatural taint and left him with a craving for human souls to fuel his immortality, the warrior in my Kamakura game needs to stat up this power. I’m looking for some help from the hive mind in modeling it.

First up, how he takes the soul. The warrior needs to conduct an elaborate ritual over the body (which need not be alive, freshly dead is ok). I think leech is the best choice (p. P96) but am unsure of how much of an enhancement modifier to charge for the stealing of a soul. In game terms it doesn’t really have an effect on the victim (aside from the PC killing them…). Any thoughts?
Leech (Steal soul, +?; Temporary disadvantage: Elaborate trademark, -15%; Feature: does not age while in possession of soul, +0%) [25-15%+?]

Secondly, I am using the addiction disadvantage (p. B122) to simulate his constant consumption of souls. This seems a better fit than dependency because I want him to start aging instead of taking damage. How would I model this if he consumes a soul every month – give or take?

Thoughts?

T
tetrahedron is offline   Reply With Quote