View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:49 AM   #56
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy on the cheap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
After giving your version of the Mystic Knight on the cheap, I have something to add: On the 100 point version, that has only 9 points in Imbuement Skills, you should state that it has a minimum of 4 Imbuement Skills. The 150 point version should only have IMHO 15 points in Imbuement Skills (minimum 7 skills) and add those 5 points into the advantage section. There are about the same number of Imbue 1 and Imbue 2 skills, but Imbue 3 skills represent about half the number of Imbuement Skills. The lesser templates don't necessasilly have access to Imbue 3, so reducing the number of required skills is a big plus.
That actually sounds somewhat reasonable. In fact, the "minimum 4 skills" is how I have the GCA data file set up (well, min 5) for the one template. I may wind up making that change.

I also just updated the webpage (but not the PDF) with preliminary versions of the 4 templates from DF9: Summoners. I haven't thoroughly checked them yet, nor have I added them to the GCA data file; in the past, I usually create the GCA template, then run it to check my changes, and I'll probably do that again this time.

At some point in the coming week I'll probably get the data file updated, however I welcome any input on these templates. Because of the unique design of these templates the cut-downs were considerably harder. They are considerably more advantage heavy, especially the Shaman, which required some different design thoughts than most of the other templates.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote