View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #33
Icelander

Default Re: They should really fix that in Cabaret Chicks on Ice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979 View Post
One of the most confusing things about CCoI is Wealth and Status. Since that world is so different to that of today, it would help to touch up on some basics about the low TL mindset.

Fix the "Job" mindset that is confusing to most players when they deal with Low Tech. Explain that self sustaining, cottage industry aspect of daily life etc.
Very true.

Of course, it should give you, just as it gives me, enormous satisfaction to know of the involvements of William Stoddard and Matt Riggsby when it comes to this kind of detail. If delivering a gameable version of real sociology was a sport, they'd be... well snorting ampheto-steroids and fighting legal battles, probably, but before that they'd be Olympic athletes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979 View Post
Complete Low TL Gear Load outs would be nice for the CCoI follow up books, as well as a bunch of comprehensive examples of what certain wealth levels have just so that the GM can use them as basis. Ideally no complicated system of creation that would take hours. Examples would be enough I figure.

Ex.
Poor- A 1 room house on a masters land
Struggling- Plot of land and small 2 room house, typically a tenant farmer .
Average- A small farm plot a 2 room house with an older house used as a barn
comfortable - a large plot for a farmer, a comfortable residence in one's liege lords manor land...etc.
Wealthy - villa in a town, or a manor tied to a small village, etc.
etc.

Responsibilities of these real Low Tech roles- duties and common problems and challenges of knights, manor holders, etc. Team based structure found (like a bunch of knight, yeomen, sergeants etc.).

Add some GURPS Mass Combat Details like examples of Armies of a Duke, King or Prince. Maybe a fast way of organizing one for a Game.
All of these ideas sound good for follow-up volumes.

I would dearly like to see some follow-up to the Mass Combat system myself and the Loadout series is perfect for this, of course.