View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 10:01 PM   #9
Mathgeni

Default Re: Cleric's Doppleganger

I think there is room for confusion because one-shot items are played "to a side" either the munchkin side or the monster side.

I understand my following opinion is not in line with the official responses here but it may give perspective as to why there is room for confusion.

I see the one-shot item as a combat aid and not as part of the character himself due to the fact one-shots are played to a side. I base this in part on the use of "mate" and equivalent cards that double a monsters combat. In my groups' interpretation, mate doubles a monster and any monster enhancers that are on that monster and does not double one-shots played to the monster side.

Monster enhancers become an inherent part of the monster while one-shots do not, so my thoughts are that the same would have to be true on the munchkin side, where a one-shot is not part of the actual character, but rather a simple combat aid. Only equipped items (armor, footgear, etc) are inherently a part of the character as they are "on his person," so only those items would be double by doppleganger. Once doppleganger is played it more closely mimics the "mate" situation where a one-shot would be played to the side rather than on an individual entity.