View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #3
Varyon

Default Re: [DF] Gem of Healing questions

It's the stone that casts the spell, right? In that case, you could argue that it would get the penalty if it ever cast the same spell on the same target more than once a day... which will never happen, as it's destroyed upon casting (although there might be odd instances that cause Spell Stones to be restored, not be destroyed in the first place, and so on). Self-powered wands, however, would suffer from this effect.

Failing that, I'd go with it being a function of the creator, not the user. I'd expect each stone to have a mark identifying its maker (most craftsmen do this). I'd say each generic DF "town" typically has stones available from a single caster at Power 20, and from up to three casters at Power 15 (although probably only have a few in stock). A village where magic items are harder to come by might only have Power 15 stones from a single caster, while a metropolis containing a mage academy probably has several sources of Power 20 stones, and enough of Power 15 that you don't even need to worry about it.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote