View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #29
Phase_Shifter

Default Re: Is a 5th Edition coming soon?

D&D? What about WoD?

I remember seeing on the Daily Illuminator a message stating that Steve Jackson Games had finally decided to release GURPS 4th edition.

It seems like the same week, I was getting messages from White Wolf about "We've released 3 editions in the last 13 years, and we've been threatening the end of the world the entire time. We're really going to end the world now, and release a 4th edition that's unrelated to the previous three."

The only thought going through my head was "Four editions in the same amount of time it took GURPS to accumulate enough new rules and errata to make one new edition!"

And to top things off, you can actually convert the old GURPS stuff to the new rules quite easily with the conversion rules included in nearly every book released during the transition...That's not really an option with WoD4, which had not only a completely different rules system than previous editions, but the (IMO vastly dumbed down) storyline in the new edition meant the old factions, clans, etc. no longer existed (or even never had existed!), with few rare exceptions.