View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 05:48 PM   #14
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy World for Infinite Worlds Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by warellis View Post
Would Duzakh from Infinite Worlds - Worlds of Horror be another possible good source for Dungeon Fantasy-esque stuff?
By my standards it would, for sure! Like Nergal (not really surprising, since as I recall they were both originally from the same Suppressed Transmission article), it's got a fair dose of horror mixed in, but that sort of thing has always been part of the Dungeon Fantasy style, I'd say, so that still works.

None of the other Worlds of Horror are that suited to DF, though you could probably do something with Tsarevich if it was a couple centuries earlier. Maybe postulate a "Tsarevich-2" that's actually set in 1300 or 1400, with gothic monsters coming out of Eastern Europe.

Looking over Lost Worlds, I'd say that the following could make good DF locations:

Vanaheim: It has the TL and the magic. It might actually be a little too weird and wacky for the typical DF party, but if your players are interested in a little higher-powered game, it might do for a setting. And, like all the Nine Worlds timelines, it's a good excuse for "Dungeon Fantasy meets WWII weapons" fights.

Alfheim: This world is probably even more suited for "standard" Dungeon Fantasy than Vanaheim. Given its situation, it's probably best played as a war movie via DF. Dust off your copies of The Devil's Brigade and The Dirty Dozen for just as much inspiration as your Gygax, Moorcock, or Tolkien.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote