View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #728
Prince Charon

Default Re: Five Earths, All in a Row

Sorry that this isn't an update.

Thinking about Iron Munro, and how, if at all, he fits into this timeline (remembering that the Superman of Earth-2 was the person Phil Wylie of Earth-2 based Hugo Danner on, and that there isn't a separate super-powered 'Hugo Danner' in this setting). It's something that I should have worked out earlier, but I kept getting distracted. There are a few possibilities. I'm not putting this to a vote, exactly, but I am asking for opinions:

1. He exists on Earth-2 under that name, and with pretty close to the same personal history and powers (in which case Superman should know about him by now, even if he hasn't done much with his powers, yet). I don't like this option, since it means that others would have noticed him by now (even with there undoubtedly being a lot of teenage boys living in America and Canada named something close to 'Arnold Munro,' there are ways to narrow it down, not all of them ethical). It would be fine if I had gotten around to him early on, but now it's harder to justify.

2. He exists with a reasonably similar personal history and powers, but he isn't named 'Arnold Munro,' in much the same way that the Superman was not named 'Hugo Danner' growing up, and isn't named 'Clark Kent,' now. Kal'El would still have heard of DC's Iron Munro early on (due to getting information from the Future Earth) and gone looking for women that he'd been with in the past, and would have most likely found him by now, but his existence might not be public as yet.

3. The Superman has a child or children, but either none of them are similar to Iron Munro from the comics, or the Arnold Munro equivalent of Earth-2 is a much younger child than the comics say that he should be in 1942.

4. Kal'El has no children on Earth-2 at this time, but there's a child who was made using mad science and samples of the Superman's blood, who is a close enough equivalent to Iron Munro (which sounds a lot like the post-Crisis Superboy's origin, but without Superman having a near-death experience; if he is created by Alexei Luthor, it sounds like the Young Justice Cartoon Superboy's origin).

5. Earth-2 just has no equivalent of Iron Munro at this time, full stop.

6. Something that I haven't considered (anyone have suggestions?).

Thoughts?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote