View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #8
jason taylor

Default Re: Early Victorian guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
I should have been more specific. The campaign is set in London, starting in 1850. I have High Tech, but not Old West. Mostly, then, I'm looking to see what sorts of small arms civilians of all social strata might have available. High tech and Adventure guns have, between them, about... 6? handguns suitable for undercover work in the city. (I'm away from my books at the moment.)
I imagine gentlemen would still have dueling pistols and sword-canes. Lower class people would have knives, cudgels, quarterstaffs, etc. Probably most of the stuff known in the London street in the eighteenth century would have been available for several decades after. I don't know about revolvers. That may be a bit overkill for thugs, though it would certainly come as a big surprise.

Remember you are in a city at peace not a war zone. Normal instruments of urban mayhem would be available. But the first revolvers were military grade in their day.