View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
Hide

Default Re: Luck for rerolling enemy damage rolls only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erling View Post
Why -10%? Even Aspected limitation is worth -20%.
Because that would be the case for a very common situation in my settings (which have a lot of combat). This is as of Power-Ups: Limitations “Specific” (do note this is for materials, but I would stretch it to “situations").

You could as well, try -40%, which is also listed as a limitation for “common 'situations'”; perhaps you are better off with an advantage that actively helps you to avoid getting damaged as much as possible in the first place (such as enhanced parry, enhanced dodge or increasing your combat skills).

If you pick such limitation, that would be the "Accessibility" limitation at -40%.

I still think -40% is quite much. Why? Because in GURPS powers, there is a limitation for the "extra attack" advantage. It is called "Single Skill", which gives you extra attack for a single skill with a -20% (similar to “aspected”).

Finally, a limitation ranging from -60% to -80% (IMO), would apply to "specific Luck" against one type of attack (i.e. short-sword attacks) or a single person (i.e. sparring fellow).

Last edited by Hide; 10-19-2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Local network issues.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote