View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 01:52 AM   #48
demonsbane

Default Re: GURPS Powers: Divine Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
now we will need some revisions on other spell casting classes like (. . .) druids
Thaumatology already addressed "druidic magic", updating to GURPS 4e the rules from GURPS Celtic Myth.

On the other hand, mythological druids in the Irish texts sometimes were so powerful that their magic could be handled with magic as powers, too. But under that angle, they weren't very different than gods (some Celtic gods were druids), demigods, and in some way such approach isn't really absent in Celtic Myth -remember the relations of this book with GURPS Supers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
(. . .) we will need some revisions on other spell casting classes like witches, (. . .) and different types of wizards.
Isn't that already covered? Pick Middle Ages remnants of real world grimoires and you'll see formulas for specific effects, conjurations and ceremonies, which to my mind are in line with the "standard" GURPS Magic approach of spells as skills. Thaumatology updated even the magic system of GURPS Cabal, for those who want a more modern and recognizable occultist flavour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
"Started"? (. . .)
I agree. Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
"Started"? (. . .) I'm still hoping for a Thaumatology supplement that does for Path/Book Magic what Martial Arts did for personal combat.
For different approaches, definitely Path/Book magic could be further developed.

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote