View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 12:41 AM   #29
scc

Default Re: [DF] How Many Abilities Should A Race Get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
IIRC, the Healing Advantage has difficulty curing diseases, so given a succubus’ likely activities, some degree of Resistant to Disease (perhaps even outright immunity) would be appropriate, and plays well with their “energy of creation can be used to heal” theme. You can optionally restrict it to only affect STI’s/STD’s; I’d assume that is one category less common than diseases in general. I’m not certain exactly what happens if a character under the effects of something Resistant would work against suddenly gains Resistance, but if it’s a reroll to eliminate the status, putting Affects Others on a succubus’ Resistant would be quite useful (optionally, apply a Limitation to the Enhancement so it requires intimate contact of some sort).
Not really, the IQ roll to use it takes a penalty for how hard it is to cure the disease in question, that said a perk to Resistance to STD's might well fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I think it could work if you allow a cosmic enhancement.
The problem with this is that now your character is sexually attractive to EVERYTHING, EVEN THINGS WHICH DON'T EXPERIENCE SEXUAL ATTRACTION, if you can't see the problem with this there's something wrong with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I am taking into account that your template is not about a devil/demonic entity, but if you want to stripe either of these elements, the name (succubus) you picked for your racial template does not reflect what you intent to represent. It is like saying “this is a template for a dwarf, but these dwarves are tall and slender and have long pointed ears, they just live underground and also smith specially good weapons” (that's a drow).
Why are you so hung up on them ingesting this sort of stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
FWIW, GURPS Fantasy has a template for Lilith, a Hebrew demon who might have been the prototype for the Succubus legend. It would make a good basis for a DF Succubus monster or PC race.
It's 714 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
*What is the correct term for a template/lens that can be applied to multiple races? Another example of such would be a werewolf, in settings where humans, elves, dwarves, etc are all susceptible to becoming such.
No idea, might be Template Toolkit 2: Races.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote