View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 06:25 AM   #24
Vynticator

Default Re: The lair of Igghagh, an epic Dungeon Fantasy encounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
I expect that they will take turns gAzing at it until they all turn immune to the terror, since it won't act until attacked. Then the saint will ask God to negate the injury tolerance (diffuse) so it takes full damage (and they can deal obscene amounts of damage) from attacks.
The 'diffuse' part is the first bit which puzzles me. A huge mound with a hundred tentacles seems to fit 'homogenous' but not really 'diffuse', at least according to the description in Basic. You might say it is so huge that its body molecules are only as vulnerable as a swarm of flies when attacked by SM0 humans, I suppose (though it seems a stretch). Or is it a being of pure energy?

The next bit that seems odd is that the cleric could invoke a prayer effect to remove that status by divine fiat. If you have enough 'buying power' with God to transform the whole nature of a vast Eldritch Being to a different nature entirely, why not just have God unmake him or slay him? Maybe that's because I am not au fait with DF.
Vynticator is offline   Reply With Quote